The morning began with Albert Pujols and CJ Wilson signing with the Angels, and the Rule 5 draft where nothing of importance happened (the Tigers lost Gustavo Nunez to Pittsburgh) Then everyone bolted from the Hilton Anatole faster than Usain. (I can’t take credit, Jason Beck used it in a reply to me on twitter last night).
1. Astros take Rhiner Cruz from Mets.
2. Twins take Terry Doyle from White Sox.
3. Mariners take Lucas Luetge from Brewers.
4. Orioles take Ryan Flaherty from Cubs.
5. Royals take Cesar Cabral from Red Sox; traded to Yankees for cash.
6. Cubs take Lendy Castillo from Phillies.
8. Pirates take Gustavo Nunez from Tigers.
13. White Sox
17. Blue Jays
21. Braves take Robert Fish from Angels.
22. Cardinals take Erik Komatsu from Nationals.
23. Red Sox take Marwin Gonzalez from Cubs, traded to Astros for Marco Duarte
25. Diamondbacks take Brett Lorin from Pirates.
29. Yankees take Brad Meyers from Nationals.
After that, a minor trade happened that sent DJ LeMahieu and Tyler Colvin from the Cubs to the Rockies, and Casey Weathers and Ian Stewart back from the Rockies to the Cubs.
That’s it. The Winter Meetings finished and the Tigers signed Octavio Dotel to go along with Jose Valverde and Joaquin Benoit though the deal is still pending a physical.
The next move we should expect from Detroit is the bidding for Yoenis Cespedes’ services once his Visa clears. Once that happens, social networking sites and blogs will undoubtedly explode.